We know your privacy is key and take our role as a data custodian very seriously. Please read the paragraphs below about how we use your data and cookies on this site.
Your Data collected through the use of ‘Cookies’.
But first what exactly is a ‘cookie’?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
We use them to:
- Remember your preferences,
- Tailor our site to your interests.
There are different types of cookies:
- First party (our) cookies. These cookies are set by this website and only this website can read them.
- Third party cookies. These cookies are used by third parties to analyse websites. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
How do you use ‘Cookies’?
Cookies may also be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (30 days for this website), unless deleted by you before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. We use both.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your privacy is key and we need some data to help us to give you the best services. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of this website and your computer’s interaction.
- Details that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address.
- Data that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
Please note: Also, before you disclose to us the personal information of another person (using an email address for example), you must obtain consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Enable your use of the services available on our website.
- Make your web experience with us more efficient for both us and you. Administer our website and business.
- Support your experience and provide security, analytics and mapping from Google.
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications – like renewal and review notices.
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We will have to disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal responsibilities including fraud prevention, money laundering and other regulatory requirements.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
While your privacy is key, we have a legal obligation to retain some data even after you have instructed us to delete it. We will retain this data only for the minimum period required by law and regulators.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Our promise: Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- All the personal information you provide is stored on a secure technology platform.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, so we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
YOUR RIGHTS – General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What is GDPR?
GDPR is an overhaul of the old Data Protection Act. It places new regulations on businesses to ensure that you know how they use your data, what data they have and provides you with new rights and controls over your personal data – ‘YOU OWN, YOUR OWN DATA’.
GDPR applied in the UK from 25 May 2018 and the government confirmed that the UK’s decision to leave the EU will not affect your rights under the GDPR. The principle of the GDPR is that your privacy is key and that people who hold data or information about you can be held responsible for the use and control of that data.
What can it do for me?
There is a range of new sweeping rights for you as a customer:
- The right to be informed – you have to be told why a company wants your data.
- The right of access – you can ask what data a company holds on you.
- The right to rectification – you can correct any data they have which is wrong
- The right to erasure – you can have all your data, aside that the company has to retain for legal reasons, removed from the company’s files.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. Once you have linked to a Third Party we obviously have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties. You should ensure that they look after details and data about you as your privacy is key.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you or your business needs to be corrected or updated. Learn how to stay safe online by clicking here.