We treat your privacy very seriously. Please read this privacy notice about how we protect and use your data and the page on using cookies on this site.
Here we tell you how your personal information is used by The Services Family Ltd. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we use and protect the information that you provide to us. If you are a customer, we provide details of the information we collect and how we use it. You will also find these details set out in the terms and conditions of the product or service which you hold.
SERVICES FAMILY DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your information will be held by The Service Family Ltd. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 requires us to manage all personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Principles. In particular, we are required to process your personal information fairly and lawfully. You have our promise that we will willingly do all of what the law requires of us. This means that you are entitled to know how we intend to use any information you provide. You can then decide whether you want to give it to us in order that we may provide the product or service that you require.
All our employees are responsible for maintaining customer confidentiality. We provide training and education to all employees about this and remind them about these important obligations. In addition, our policies and procedures will be regularly audited and reviewed.
WHEN AND HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR DATA
Your personal information will be held securely by Services Family Ltd so that we (either now or in the future), can manage your relationship with us. This will include information you provide when you register and apply for products to us, and any additional information provided by you or others in various ways, including:
- In applications, emails and letters, during telephone calls, when registering for services, in customer surveys, when you participate in competitions, through our website (through “cookies”) and during financial reviews and interviews;
- Information we receive from our business partners and from other organisations such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
- Please note: Under the new law before you disclose to us any personal information of another person over the age of 16 (in your family for an insurance application for example), you must have their consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
We promise not to retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the maintenance of your account, or for legal or regulatory requirements. You have the right to delete your personal information if you so wish and all operations will cease forthwith – this is “your right to be forgotten”. However, for certain transactions we are required by the law to retain data on you for a period of 7 years.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
As an intermediary, we share information with the relevant insurers, third parties and regulators in order to personalise the products and to meet our service obligations.
We may use the personal information we hold about you for the following administrative activities:
- providing you with products and services and notifying you about either important changes or developments to the features and operation of those products and services;
- responding to your enquiries and complaints;
- undertaking financial reviews;
- updating, consolidating, and improving the accuracy of our records;
- managing your relationship with us.
We also use information for the following data processing activities:
- assessing lending and insurance risks;
- undertaking transactional analysis;
- customer modelling, statistical and trend analysis with the aim of developing and improving our products and services.
By processing this information – it enables us to better understand your needs and provide services in the efficient way that you expect. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you have given your specific permission, or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act and the GDPR.
We will have to disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal responsibilities including fraud prevention, money laundering and other regulatory requirements.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- We will store all the personal information you provide on a secure technology platform;
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by leading encryption technology;
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, so we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet;
- You are responsible for taking all reasonable care to keeping the password you use for accessing our website and services confidential.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) sets out your rights, the principles required of us by the Information Commissioner and how we will respond to each:
- A Right of Subject Access. We will confirm the personal data held about you at your request. Under GDPR we will erase all your data on request – the right to be forgotten;
- A Right of Correction. We will correct any mistakes in the data held about you as soon as we are aware of an error;
- A Right to Prevent Distress. We will not use your data for any third-party activities without your prior specific permission;
- A Right to Prevent Direct Marketing. We will only use your data in marketing the products and services which you have requested us to provide;
- A Right to Prevent Automatic Decisions. Your data will only be used to make “automated” decisions about you where it is relevant to support, to the best of our knowledge, a positive financial outcome;
- A Right of Complaint to the Information Commissioner. You may ask for the use of their personal data to be reviewed under the DPA;
- A Right to Compensation. If we negligently lose your data, you may be eligible for compensation for damage caused (“damages”) if personal data about them is inaccurate, lost, or disclosed.
Put simply, ‘YOU OWN, YOUR OWN DATA’ and you have:
- The right to be informed – you have to be told why a company wants your data.
- The right of access – you can ask what data a company holds on you.
- The right to rectification – you can correct any data they have which is wrong
- The right to erasure – you can have all your data, aside that the company has to retain for legal reasons, removed from the company’s files.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. Once you have linked to a Third Party we obviously have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties. You should read their privacy notice to ensure that they look after details and data about you as your privacy is key.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you or your business needs to be corrected or updated. Learn how to stay safe online by clicking here.
Services Family Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference: ZA455772.
The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will reflect any updates within this notice.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
This Privacy Notice was issued in October 2019.
For further information please contact us